Vivienne’s early career as a school psychologist focused on providing counselling services to children, adolescents and parents. This led to 17 years of consultation with school staff, advising management strategies and special support needs for young people experiencing social, emotional or learning difficulties.
From 2008, Vivienne began her private practice, providing counselling and therapy for a variety of issues and concerns including depression and anxiety, loss and grief, relationship difficulties, stress and sleeping difficulties with children, adolescents, adults and couples. She is also a trained facilitator in the ‘Tuning into Kids and Tuning into Teens’ parenting program.
“I am an Educational & Developmental Psychologist and an Emotion Focused Therapist (EFT). As an Educational Psychologist I have worked with children, adolescents and parents providing counselling services, educational assessments and consultation services to school staff. As an Emotion Focused therapist, my counselling orientation is centred around the premise that the therapeutic process is about helping clients understand their emotions and manage them. Essentially our emotions are connected to our needs. I also draw on developmental and attachment frameworks as well as family dynamics to understand the patterns of behaviour impacting on our perspectives and relationships. The aim of therapy is to assist clients to achieve increased personal insight and self-compassion, satisfaction and fulfilment in life. I also work with a Cognitive Behavioural approach and have an interest in Mindfulness to gain insight into ourselves as well as managing stress and anxiety.”
“My orientation is driven by the belief that the counselling process assists us to gain the life skills that will empower us to manage life’s challenges and relationships, as well as celebrate our achievements and blessings.”
- Graduate Certificate of Family Sensitive Practice & Family Therapy – Latrobe University.
- Master of Educational Psychology – University of Melbourne.
- Graduate Diploma of Child & Adolescent Psychology – University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – Monash University.
- Emotion Focused Therapy Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4 – Australian Institute for Emotion Focused Therapy.
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy, Core Skills.
- Trained and AHPRA approved supervisor for Provisional Psychologists and towards Endorsement for Educational & Developmental Psychology.
Registration and Memberships
- Registered Psychologist in Victoria since 1994.
- Registered with Australian health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Member of The Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Fellow Member of the APS College of Educational & Developmental Psychologists.
- Member of Australian Institute of Emotion Focused Therapy.
- Member of International Institute of Emotion Focused Therapy.
- Member of World Association for Person Centred & Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling.
For more information about Vivienne’s practice, visit www.creatingripples.com.au