Lucianne is a psychologist and psychotherapist with a particular interest in working with children (of all ages), adolescents and their families to address a range of social, emotional and behavioural concerns. Her professional experience extends over ten years and has included working in community agencies and educational settings.
Lucianne works predominantly from a psychoanalytic and psychodynamic framework. This approach emphasises working in a meaningful way with families, going beyond the provision of management strategies and focusing on working through underlying difficulties. This psychoanalytic/psychodynamic approach provides children and young people with the best possible opportunity for optimum growth and development and facilitating their fullest engagement with the wider world.
About Lucianne’s work
Children and Adolescents
Lucianne works with young people who present with a wide range of difficulties that may be impacting upon their development, their personal relationships as well as their school and academic performance. These may include: low mood/depression, anxiety, acting out or aggressive behaviour, family relationship difficulties, peer relationship difficulties, trauma, bereavement, sleeping difficulties or concerns regarding separation or transition.
Parents and Caregivers
Lucianne also offers child-focussed parent support and psychotherapy with the aim of strengthening the relationship between parents/caregivers and their child. This may take different forms, such as a few consultations or more longer-term support, depending on the needs of the young person and their family. Lucianne is also a registered facilitator of the Tuning in to Kids parenting program.
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Psychology
- Introductory Course in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Victorian Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Foundation & Advanced Studies in Child & Family Development, Centre for Child and Family Development
- Master in Child Psychotherapy – Candidate
- Child Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Clinical Program, Child Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association of Australia – Candidate
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Associate Member, Australian Psychological Society
- Member, Australian Association for Infant Mental Health
- Member, Psychoanalytically Oriented Psychology Interest Group
- Candidate, Child Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association of Australia
Lucianne is currently taking referrals for assessment and treatment of children, adolescents, and parents for short to long-term psychotherapy.
How to contact Lucianne
If you would like to make an inquiry then please feel free to contact Lucianne on the details provided below. Further information about her practice can also be found on her website www.createconnections.com.au
Phone: 0434 142 295